Cornrows and braids are among those timeless styles that have actually crossed all gender and ethnic gaps. In fact, absolutely nothing is more beautiful than heedful of detailed braids and rows and no two designs are precisely alike. That is why more and more individuals are opting to express themselves and their specific design through braiding and rowing.
However as with all styles, cornrows include their own unique difficulties and issues. Among the most apparent issues connected with any tight braiding method is breakage. While black hair has fewer propensities to break than Caucasian hair, it can still take a great deal of abuse if the braids are refrained from doing and looked after appropriately. In addition to damage, you can likewise experience dull, frizzy and dry hair as an outcome of wearing cornrows or braids.
To prevent all of these drawbacks and to keep your braids looking glossy and neat, follow the following care tips:
- Choose your artist sensibly– As with any creative field, braiders come in numerous levels of knowledge. Make sure to choose one that has remained in business for a great while. Likewise, ask to see sample pictures of the stylist’s work. This will offer you a smart idea about their level of knowledge.
- African american hair growth to appropriate length – In order to get a great braid, your stylist has to have sufficient hair to deal with. An excellent general rule to follow on length is 10cm for straight hair and a minimum of 5 cm for curly hair.
- Clean without interfering with– Granted, shampooing your hair with all of those rows and braids is not an easy task. To clean down to the scalp without disrupting your style you can utilize a shower massager or dental water choice.
- Wrap to prevent frizz and damage– When you’re sleeping, your hair comes into continuous contact with your pillow and your movements cause friction and tension to be applied to your braids. This can lead to fly away hair, frizz and damage. To prevent this simply cover your head with a do rag or cloth before sleeping.
- Keep salon appointments– If your braid artist tells you to obtain a trim every 6 weeks, do so. And if she or he informs you to get your braids redone within a particular time frame, make sure that you do. This will help keep your braids looking neat and fresh.